Sunday, February 28, 2010

An ode to the silent assassin

The silent assassin, a self professed lean mean killing machine. Sometimes i wonder, what are his weapons, how does he kill. Having known him for some time, I still haven’t been able to guage him but then that is what he says as well... that judging him would be an understatement.... it would be him who would pass the judgement.
But i know that he isn’t mean. Not really. After all he gave me free rein to handle this and his other blogs, risking sabotage and vandalism. Why was that? Did he expect an increase in the number of posts? Or was he simply seeking apartner in crime.
But lets not get into this. He moves mysteriously, closing in on the kill.
So what makes me talk about him. Not gratitude for giving me a platform. I have my own blog. Not boredom. I have too much on my hands to get bored. And its not pure statistics either. Increasing the number of posts on this blog. There are easier ways to do that.
Am doing this because its probably a safe way to tell someone what u think of them. For many reasons
Its tough calling people names on their faces. You need to have courage, a punch or at least running shoes for that.
There are people who read this. You cant act spoilsport in front of them.
The written word can be interpreted i in a variety of ways. U can always add footnotes and references.
Bandwidth is less expensive than a mobile bill
You get time to prepare for the retaliatory fire .
Most importantly, sometimes its easier to write than to tell someone how and what they mean to you specially when you are placed some thousand odd kilometres apart. You cant see them chuckling at your words.
But its difficult telling someone that he is a friend specially when the fellow says that “ A boy and a girl cant be simply friends.”
“Then what?”
“U don’t have to find names for every relation kiddo. Just let things be.”
What do i say to this reasoning?
Just an advise- while i don’t think too much about it. Plenty of girls will find it objectionable. Revise .
“U don’t know me much kiddo.”
“And how do i do that?”
“Well u gotta come down.”
Another advise psycho- stop quoting statements. On the other hand. Don’t . I enjoy it when u quote and then name the source. Lets me know the number of films I haven’t seen.
But then, I know u enough to say that you are one of those guys that I feel safe with you despite of your tall and big statements
I know you enough to say that you are protective, that little things matter to you, that you wouldn’t cause a deliberate hurt.
You do speak too bluntly at times, to the extent of being rude. I have been taken aback several times. And it was only later that I came to accept it without being hurt.
But you know, am simply amazed at your depth of knowledge especially Hindi literature. In this time and age! You introduced me to such a lot of new things.
Talking to you, I now know that there are things you value and respect.
But if u praise a guy so much, people around are going to think that you are in love with him.
Au contraire am not. So Gaurav, you can rest easy, I haven’t ruined your chances yet.
You know, it’s sort of a cliché, but I don’t know u too well to criticise you... as yet.
I know you claim to be a bad guy, and love being called so.
And you are too, in some ways. When you try sarcasm, when you act rude or when you act indifferent. When you narrate whole chapters of your novel to me and expect me to remember every word you say. When you cc messages to me.
If there is another side to your fence, I am yet to see it.
Apart from all the BS that I have spewed and generally do... it’s been nice.. knowing you. Or at least trying to know you.
Seriously, I would have missed you even if we hadn’t met.

Cheers..... Always and forever.

1 comment: